From sand to snow

We have landed our suntanned bods in Ohio, United States and after recovering from jet lag, have thoroughly enjoyed the SNOW!!!




The snow was AWESOME today and was perfect --- if you haven't played much with snow, you don't really understand what I mean by PERFECT snow! It rolled and stuck just right!





The kids wore out their coats, mittens and snow pants (that I rushed to pick up immediately upon landing) and since I'm not shoveling the white stuff, hope more comes while we're here!





(Mia - having a chat with Mr. Snowman)

I didn't know what to expect with this trip. I knew the flight might be rough (18+ hours in the air, without Todd) ... knew there would be more that we'd want to do than time in which to do it ... and knew that we'd enjoy our time with friends and shopping at Target (wink!)

What I didn't know was how being 'home' would hit me. Would I be sad, melancholy, anxious to just get back to Delhi, not want to get ON the plane to go back?

About halfway through our time here, I am still finding my emotions mixed. Part of me wants to stay true to my previous statements of "I don't want to move back to the US anytime soon." Part of me wants to pack up the Delhi house tomorrow and re-plant ourselves where everything is familiar.

Maybe I'll never have a clear opinion on coming back home.

Maybe with time I'll get more ambivalent about where we hang our hats.

Maybe in time, I'll have a strong feeling one way or another.

Maybe I just won't worry about it .... maybe we'll just soak up our time while we're here ... play in the snow ... eat, drink and be merry.

Happy New Year!

CNN.com