Corn, Measuring Tape & Summer Plans

We wanted to get the boys (and Husb) a Nehru Suit made.  Normal pants, but the jacket and shirt have a chinese collar as opposed to a standard lapel.
 


On Saturday, I took Terran and Tony to a nearby market and shopped for some fabric (BOY, what an experience that was with three very very unhappy shoppers and a pushy sales guy).  We headed around the corner to the tailor, and he started the measurements.

Almost done, almost done, almost done - I kept reminding myself.  Just as the tailor started to roll up his measuring tape ... 

... Mia promptly dumped Pepsi all over the freshly purchased fabric.  I have so little patience these days, it's pretty pathetic.  I was sweating profusely, aimlessly swatting away flies from their perch on my forehead, neck and backs of my knees.  Struggling to keep my composure and just get the task at hand completed, I decided to skip the jacket portion of the project and just work on the PANTS for now. 

Fast forward to Sunday ... I buzzed a tailor who had done some work for us in the past and he confirmed he was available to come to the house in 30 minutes.  Sure enough, he buzzed the door and within one hour's time (in the comfort of our home and with only ONE fly buzzing wildly around my head), he had measured Husb and the boys, shown us samples of fabric and was out the door.


Happiness is sometimes convenience!






Happiness for me is sometimes simply getting corn ready for dinner.  Adding in sugar and milk to the boiling water, listening to my music and be-bopping with a cold beer.




Then there's the happiness of seeing the two boys ... hanging together 




Precious.

* * *

Now that school is out, I have all sorts of great plans for our summer.  Things we'll do and see.  Family time together.  I'm such a nerd that I actually have 'things' for each day of the week ... bowling (Tuesdays for example), swimming, the kids planning out a meal, group playdates on Thursdays, etc.

The reality though is likely to be quite different.  It will end up being too many video games, fighting, complaints of being bored, not enough exercise/music/smiles and a house that is constantly messy.


I asked the kids to put together their "Summer Wish List" like Meg does, but they all just looked at me and said "Why?"


Sigh.


I do fully intend to get a list put together of things that each of the kids want to do, see, explore, make.  I'll post it when we're done, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the middle of July before I convince them to do it!



CNN.com