SINGAPORE - signs and random findings

I just loved some of the signage that we saw in Singapore. 

This is a billboard for Aviva, a global insurance company.  I like the sentiment behind the thought that we ARE all the big picture. 


This photo captures one of my favorite things about trees ... when they join together to create a passageway, or a layer of protection.

During one of our cab rides, we saw this sign.  We asked our driver what it was all about.  He explained that we had to correctly guess the answers to the which nationality group was the 1. largest tipper 2. asked for discounts on fares 3. non tippers.   It was fun ... answers are below.  What are your guesses?




Love the colors in these building near China Town.  Wonder if I could get away with painting a room to mimic that scheme somewhere in our house?


What's YOUR move?



An image to capture my attempt at doing laundry for the first time since July, 2009. I was so proud of myself, until I took out the load that had entirely been turned green because one of my skirts dyes bled.  Seriously ...


Life IS great!


I've become obsessed with taking photographs of people's laundry during our travels.


Everything is made more fun and special when you're sharing it with a friend.  Love this photo of our family friend holding hands with Mia.


Initiative ... such a powerful word.



Clarke Quay - the fun and vibrant area near our hotel.  Such a funky place with open air restaurants, piped in air conditioning and awesome colors!


The answers to the fun cab ride game.


The funky cool sculpture at the new airport terminal as you approach immigration.  The sculpture is of "mudras", which are the various postures of fingers and thumb, used for rectifying ailments and imbalances in your immunity system.


If you're interested in learning more about this concept, click over HERE for photos and descriptions of what heals what!

CNN.com