SINGAPORE - The Snow City?

During my research about Singapore, I came across information about Snow City.  It couldn't be .... snow ... in SINGAPORE?


Remembering how much our kids loved the snow back in Ohio ...

(well, to be honest, they loved it for about the first week during November when the white stuff would start falling and downright hated it by the time Christmas rolled around!) 

... I planned a stop at the coldest place in Singapore and packed accordingly.  I scoured the kids' closets for a long pair of pants, and trusted the website that they would indeed have gloves and jackets for the kids to rent.  


What I didn't plan on was that the snow (since it was obviously artificial) would MELT.  The long pants I packed were an awesome lightweight linen that I had tailor made here in Delhi.  One trip down the snow packed chute and my tush was soaked through!


There were no cameras allowed inside and I wasn't about to pay the $18 PER photo price for the shots they took, so here are the sneaky photos OF photos from our morning at Snow City.





It was a fun morning, but am so glad we only paid for the ONE hour of snow fun.  The kids got quite cold and the trip down the chute was kind of daunting, as it was VERY packed snow (almost ice).  Tony made it down once before proclaiming "I'm DONE!".  Mia went several more times, but soon got weary of climbing the steps back to the top.

I'd highly suggest a trip to Snow City if you head to Singapore.  Do wear heavy pants (or consider renting their waterproof snowpants) and use the lockers for your purses.  Get hot chocolate after you've finished while you warm up ... and take advantage of the free pass that you'll receive for the Science Museum (more on that for my next post).

CNN.com