I ran the shoreway!

I would like to be able to say that I had been training for yesterday's half marathon with vigor and intention.   That I monitored my progress and added in some hills, some flat speed work and was on track for running my best 1/2 marathon yet.

Instead, I lined up with thousands of other runners at 7:00 am not having run since two weeks prior.  I should have had some cross-training days and I should have spent this week tapering off of my training, instead of simply eating more chocolate!

It didn't matter though.  I was awake, I was in great company with other girls from the running club, and I knew I could do it!

I didn't talk to anyone, didn't make new friends and didn't much even communicate or glance at the spectators.  I just put my headphones in, put my head down and ran.

The run was beautiful, the weather crisp (ok, honestly - on the shoreway?  The wind was brutal and cold) and the music great.  My legs hurt, my back aches and my soul is proud!


I am bummed because there are some great women from running club that weren't able to run with us yesterday ... and I know how disappointed they are.  They showed amazing support though for those of us who DID run and THAT is at the heart of why the running club is so great.  Women ... supporting each other ... for a common good.

I consider myself a lucky girl to be able to run (and be encouraged and motivated) with some of the best momma runners out there.  I'm hopeful that the CVMRC continues, grows and gets even better over the years (hint, hint!).  Girls, I expect great things, lots of races and more group runs!!

Moms Gotta Run!

Official time was 2:28:17.  Last year was 2:47 something.  Happy to have shaved off some time!

CNN.com