Mudder's Day

Some snippets about Mother's Day here in the Hattaway house :

Todd sent me a VERY funky watch for Mother's Day. I would have never picked it out for myself, but I LOVE it. Orange face and brushed/muted silver band. Very COOL! SCORE!

I need to have it sized ... will do that this week when I go get a sizer/guard for my wedding ring. Although, that brings up a question and a point ... should I be concerned about wearing my jewelry in India?

~ ~ ~

Conversation yesterday with the boys :

Terran - Mom, uh ... I kind of, uh, accidentally threw away your Mother's Day card that Mrs. Wilk was having us work on in Science.

Me - nice, Terran. Well, you still have time to recreate it just for me. No matter you won't get the points in Science, but you could still make me another one.

Terran - uh, ok.

Tony (piping up from the back seat) - MOM!!! We're making you something in school TOO... and Terran, it's WAY better than just a card

~ ~ ~

Tony - is Mudder's Day tomorrow?

Me - no, dude ... it's on Sunday

Tony - oh ok. then can tomorrow be Kids' Day, so you can buy ME something?

~ ~ ~

Me - Hey Terran, you know what would be nice on Sunday?

Terran - uh, what?

Me - If you cooked me breakfast. That'd be so nice.

Terran - I can do that. What'd'ya want ... eggs and bacon?

(note to readers - I don't eat eggs)

Me - Eggs? You're going to cook ME eggs?

Terran - uh ... yeah ... that's something I know how to cook.

Me - Eggs ... that'd be a perfect mother's day breakfast for me. Thanks

Terran - do you just want them scrambled?

Me - TERRAN. I.DO.NOT.EAT.EGGS!

Terran - uh ... ok. So what should I make then?

(I have a feeling we'll be eating cold cereal and microwave bacon!)

CNN.com