Out of the mouths ...

Preface : I'm working in Mia's room... just getting some old stuff cleaned out.

Tony walks in and ...

Tony : um ... WHAT are you doing?

Me : just cleaning

Tony : i KNOW what you guys are doing

Me : oh you do, huh?

Tony : uh, YEP.  You're gonna make dad unscrew Mia's bed and we're gonna move, even though dad doesn't LIKE to unscrew beds. He JUST got this thing put together, you know that right?

Me : oh, I'm sure dad can handle it

Tony : I guess.

Me : What would you think if we did move?

Tony : well, you'd have to finally say YES to me getting a bus pass to my friends' house!

(The thing to keep in mind with this post is that we haven't TOLD Tony we're moving ... obviously kids hear (and comprehend) more than we think they do!  I think a talk with Tony is inevitable!)

CNN.com