5 ... 5

Five countries and five different variations of food markets.

Delicious nuts in Chandni Chowk, Delhi, India






Juicy oranges in Hong Kong, an SAR of the PRC (yep, I'm confused too)







Delightful produce in Toulon, Provence, France






Scrumptious strawberries in Barcelona, Spain





Scrum-dili-umptious peaches in Rome, Italy





Cherries in Genoa, Italy





(Ok, so I snuck in two photos from Italy, but how could you not?)

I'm so grateful and blessed to have been able to experience the markets of the world over this summer ... how cool are they?

(If I didn't have  thousands of photos to dig through, I'd  also find some of my food photos from my trip to Kenya, Africa from my  visit there seven years ago).

I can't decide if I like the FRUIT (and nuts) best, or the cool signs with the various language showing the going rate.

I've always been a lover of farmers' markets ... and it all rises to a whole new level being privileged to see so many different variations in varied locations. 

 
What are the common denominators in the scenes surrounding these photos?  Different people, so  proud of their produce, and hungry folks lining up to purchase.

It was also so neat to see the locals going about their daily business, in a routine that seemed to be ... well, routine.  The shopkeepers and vendors knew their customers.  They shared laughs and stories.  Even though we could barely converse with any of them, and I'm not quite sure what the jokes were about, it was warming to witness the goings on of the markets.

We are all just people ... no matter where we call home.  

CNN.com