Rambling and Rumbling


Want a small glimpse into what goes through my head on a somewhat regular basis?  

(Not a literal glimpse ... I haven't uploaded any of the photos that I've taken that would go so well with this post ... sorry!)

Maybe it's not really a glimpse into my thoughts and what goes on in my head, as much as it's simply a post where I put down the rambling and rumbling of me.


I have a family who thinks I'm pretty cool even though I lose my patience, mumble under my breath and spend too much time on the computer.

I write bits of thoughts and notes and titles of songs that I want to find in random notebooks.  There is rarely any resolution from the massive lists that I make, but I feel better to get my brain out on paper.

I am making myself crazy with my photos.  I take an average of 2,200 per month and then do NOTHING with them.  I have visions of a really cool wall in our house that is just massively filled with photos of our life. But when it comes time to delete the bad shots and print the good ones, I just freeze up and get distracted with something else.


I LOVE doing crafts with my kids, but don't have the patience to see them through.  I typically walk away halfway through and return after I've counted to 100.  Both of the littles do things when it comes to creativity SO differently that it's sometimes maddening to try and get BOTH of them from Point A to Point Z.

I have too many blogs on my Google Reader.  I may not comment on all of them, but I read all of them.  Maybe I should pare it down?  But there's so much good stuff out there.  Whether it's motivation to do something good, fun projects for the kids, or inspiration to be a better mama ... there is GOOD stuff out there.


I wish I could sing.  Like ... sing so that other people also appreciated it.  I sing alot, but only my kids like it.  

I need desperately to figure out how to get my iTunes back up and running so that I can swap out my running music.  It's old and faded and most of the songs get fast-forwarded through ... 

note :: last week, I got to run on the treadmill with NO ONE else in the gym.  Yep - I sang OUT LOUD to all of my crazy runnin' music!

I have oodles of things that I want to save.  Memories, scraps of papers, tickets, hotel keys, etc.   I have no idea what to do with it all, except for to keep stuffing it into drawers.  I guess one of these days, a stroke of genius will hit me and I'll be able to create a magical piece of art that represents our life together.


I am addicted to my iPhone.  It is constantly by my side and I can't imagine life without it.  I am so aggravated that I can't seem to update it, buy new apps or use some of my favorites here in India.  But I guess, that frustration will soon pass.

I don't play the piano enough.  Every morning I wake up and think "I should play today."  "I should use the keys on this shiny black thing that we shipped all the way from the snowglobe of Ohio."  "I should take advantage of the kids playing downstairs with Shanti and just let a few songs rip."

I twirl my hair when I'm tired, stressed or bored.  Make it form into perfect curls and then mess with it incessantly.

I miss cooking.  


I am a fiend for quotes.  I am a sucker for funky art and cool projects.  I am jealous of people who can sit down with some kind of art medium and create something beautiful.


I don't think it's too big of a dream to bring lacrosse to Delhi.  Even if it's a messy, casual and laidback thing, it would make my big kid so happy.  So happy, that I might see his dimples when he smiles.  I don't see enough of his dimples, and I really (REALLY, REALLY) need to get my act in gear.  Sports weather is a-coming!



I hope that I find the time to write a post for THIS CONTEST.  How cool would it be to win and be able to take the kids to visit mom in Africa?

Speaking of posts ... I write posts in draft and then save them for weeks.  I jot down thoughts in my head about all of the amazing things I want to write about, then I lose focus.  It's a shame, really, because there are some crazy things that I'm experiencing to write about.  Whether it's a writing funk, or a lack of perspective, or just mismanagement of time ... there are about 47 posts that are sitting ... halfway finished ... and hopefully will one day be shared with you all.


What are some of the things you'd tell ME about the randomness in your head?  What makes up the person you are?


(Back to the google reader ... do you use it?  How many blogs are on your list?  What are your faves?  As if I need any more to add!)

CNN.com