Seven Social Sins

I am in awe, amazed and intrigued by this man.


He stated these to be the seven social sins :


If you really read those, and let the deeper meaning sink in -- they are powerful.  To have knowledge without character ... that one is my favorite.  

Mom and I visited the Gandhi Museum and memorial site of where his body was cremated.  When we first arrived, we were the only visitors at the museum and it was QUITE impressive - both with the quantity of things displayed and in the quality and presentation.


This was a display of the clothes Gandhi was wearing when he was shot, the bullet that killed him and off to the side, the watch from his wrist.  


A huge sculpture outside of the museum depicting the Salt March, where Gandhi walked over 240 miles at the age of 61 (read more about that HERE ...  more fascinating stuff!)


The beautiful monument where Gandhi was cremated.


We could not figure this out, but it seemed that these men were giving tribute and offering prayers at the monument.  They were there in an official capacity, it seemed, as they were allowed behind the ropes, and at one point even went all the way up to the black slab.  It was quite beautiful, as they were singing and praying.  The whole experience was really amazing.




The eternal flame. 


If you live in the Delhi area, this is a must see. If you do NOT live in the area, do yourself a favor and check out some books from your local library and read more about Gandhi.

I know I've already used the descriptive words, but he truly was amazing, fascinating and incredible.

I've still yet to see the movie, as I can't quite find that much time (over 3 hours!) in one or two nights, but aim to see that before the year is out.

Bear with me as I share some of my favorites quotes from Gandhi ::
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

I claim to be a simple individual, liable to err like ay other fellow mortal.  I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and retrace my steps.

Healthy discontent is the prelude to progress.

When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible.



CNN.com