INCLUDING ME.

Karen recently had a great blog post about writing stuff down ... and capturing images of herself on film.


When you're the photographer, or the mama ... often the photo history of your life as a family unfortunately does NOT include images of you.


I first started writing at my personal Donuts and Graham Crackers blog in an effort to capture memories and put down on 'paper' the lives of my kiddos. My first posts were a recreation of my handwritten journals from 2003 - 2007.  I then posted the highs and lows, the funny and the sad in our lives from 2008 - 2009 when we left for India.


In reading back through those, I realized a couple of things.  


One - I need to get back to the place where I can simply throw up a photo of something that happened during the week ... and not wait for commentary to go along with the photo.  


Two - I need to turn that quiet, dusty and forgotten blog into a coffee table book for the kids.  I create a yearly photo book for the family, but to capture the early years with them, this needs to go on my to-do list. Pronto. Stat. Like yesterday!


Three - I need to photograph myself more.  Whether that is by asking the kids to use my camera (I can ONLY imagine!), or handing it to Husb OR using my new MacBook (LOVE!) and the fun new program, iPhotoBooth. 






I don't know how regular I will be, but I will do my best to start capturing the mundane moments and everyday "stuff" that happens in MY life, even if it's just simple iPhotoBooth shots.









CNN.com