Affirmation

You know how it feels to make a big decision, and then second-guess that decision?

While I'd be lying if I said I hadn't second guessed this decision to move to India, I have always felt that it was right. Knowing that this was right for our family doesn't mean that there aren't times when I want to just cry, or scream or just zone out and act like a zombie.

I know our family is cut out for this, and we will thrive in our new home and in a new country. That doesn't mean there won't be struggles or moments of sheer desperation.

I know that Todd is more than capable of this job that has been laid out before him. He is amazing at what he does and this company will be better just for having him. That doesn't mean that he's not stressed out, or that there won't be multiple challenges that hit him upside the head, the moment his plane touches down.

What I also know is that there are times in our lives when we make a hard decision ... when we just decide to try something new ... when we go "out on a limb" and change our circumstances.

We have had so many affirmations that our decision was the right one. Just a few:

  • I got an email (a very touching email) from one half of our realtor team that reaffirmed to me that we'd made the right choice. 
  • Todd sold his truck only ONE day after listing it FOR the price he wanted. YAY!
  • Our kids were given a spot at the school we wanted so badly, with little to no hassles. 
  • Our Visas were issued WITHOUT hassle or delay. 
  • I have been put in touch (and have started the roots of a friendship) with SO many amazing people that will help ease our transition once we arrive (and before, for that matter). Ellen, Jeanne, TJ, Cindy to name a few.

It feels great to have made our decision ... and then to watch it be backed up by support, assistance and the pieces falling together to make an amazing puzzle.

Now, I know that this is more than just coincidence ... and more than a situation where a "good family" is being rewarded for being "good people." Whether you are a *religious* person or not, this IS a God thing ... not just something so silly as the Universe affirming our decision ... so please don't misread my comments. All I'm saying is that is nice to have small things (and some big things) happen to reassure you ... and affirm!

CNN.com