Week 6 Update

I think we've just finished Week Six? I think?


Some updates:

  • The boys are now officially registered with the American Embassy School.  They simply need their last report cards and everything is golden!  Terran is to report for highschool orientation the last full week of July, and school begins August 4th
  • Everyone has been registered (online registration!) with the US Embassy/Consulate Office in Delhi.
  • Todd safely arrived in Delhi on Friday morning (our time) and seems to be settling in as well as possible.  He has successfully set up the Vonage phone (YIPPEEE!) and it works flawlessly.  We've been Skyping as much as we can and hope to get on some sort of schedule with our chats/calls soon.
  • Succesfully opened a global bank account (with seamless access in both the States and India). HSBC has AMAZING customer service and beat, hands down, the efforts of CitiBank.
  • Have organized the garage into three separate areas :  Salvation Army pickup, Ship & Store.  It's going to be a huge help to have a spot to put things as we make decisions on their new location. 
I'm feeling rather pooped these last couple of days, and I can only imagine that it's mostly due to my emotions having run at such a high volume for the past week. 

I think that a "rejuvenation" day is in order tomorrow ... as we have nothing on the calendar and the to-do list can wait. 

For tonight though, the stack of movies I recently got from the library is hollering my name.  That is, just as soon as I make a call to the XBox Service Center.  Of course, Terran's XBox is giving him fits ... priorities!  Must get "Fix XBox" checked off of the to-do list, pronto!

CNN.com