Enlisting Help

It was suggested to me that this time apart from Todd might bring the kids and I closer together.  Some moments, I wonder.

As my patience wears thin, and the volume of my voice increases, I sometimes wonder how that is at all possible.  How could just short of three months "on my own" with a to-do list 8,000 miles long breed closeness between the kidlets and I?  Seems more likely that it will simply land me the first place in line for the loony bin.

I given it a lot of thought today and realized that part of my problem is a complete and utter lack of a schedule.

My kids are operating off of my whims, moods and current irritation level (evidenced by the littlest of the littles asking me "Are you happy now, mama?").  No wonder we feel like we're in the middle of a tornado.  That needs to change.

I'm going to enlist the help of ALL three kidlets (yep - even the 2.5 year old can pitch in) and we're going to band together to make the next three months as organized as possible.

We're going to start with a simple chart and some routine schedules. Bedtime, for one. Even though the sun is staying awake later with each passing day, bedtime is a huge key to my sanity. No matter how selfish it seems, mama is GOING to get some quiet time before I collapse into bed as well!

Terran is going to step up more and get a new list of additional chores around the house. Tony is going to be responsible for leading the charge for the pre-bed clean up of toys and books. Mia is going to start dressing herself (with clothes that I've laid out for her the night before).  You get my drift.


* *

With a bit of effort, comes a schedule.

With a schedule, comes sanity.

With sanity, comes the ability to use the next three months as an opportunity to strengthen the bond that I have with the kidlets.

With that strengthened bond, comes an amazing ability to go forth, into a strange land, and come out on the other side, the better for it.

CNN.com