मैं थक गया हूँ [I am tired]

We're in the middle of Week Eight. 

Which means just a hair over six weeks, and we leave Cleveland.  June 11th.  43 days. 

I'm pooped, people.

I am running on adrenaline from what feels like a perpetual to-do list, and am also running on fumes because I can't seem to really ever catch up on sleep.  You know in Groundhog Day (the movie) where the lead character wakes up to the SAME day every morning?  Yep, that's how I feel.  Only difference is that I'm pretty sure he got more than 4-6 hours of sleep a night.

The kids are handling this separation from Daddy pretty well, thanks to Skype and for the most part, so am I.    I miss him terribly and even though seeing him in his "guesthouse room" is really cool, it's not the same.  It's *kinda* like an extended business trip, except that it's a R-E-A-L-L-Y long one this time. I'm tired of relying on a good internet connection when all I want is a really long hug.

Salvation Army comes for our discards in a couple of weeks. I wrote about protecting memories for Cleveland.com and it has been interesting to watch some things from the SHIP or STORE pile migrate towards the pile to donate. The closer we get to move date, the less attached I am becoming to STUFF. I'm tired of the mental effort it takes to sort a houseful of memories into three piles.

I'm also tired of the novelty that moving to India carries. Tony often tells random strangers that we're moving to India, and I find myself just smiling a weak smile in response. Most people just look at us strange and probably wonder to themselves "that kid thinks he's moving to India, how funny."

[disclaimer : I kept mulling over whether to say this next thought out loud. Don't get mad]

It might sound negative to say this, but I'm also weary of the "Oh, I could NEVER move to India!" comments. Maybe you can't see yourself moving to India, but to me it seems that comment might echo more deeply about your willingness to try ANYTHING new. Does it? Is there something you WANT to do, but immediately say "Oh, I can't do that" and toss the opportunity aside?

What I'm NOT tired of is your support, your comments, your words and your questions. It means alot when you all ask how you can help, even though I don't have a good answer for you.

I'm also NOT tired of the forwarded information, the suggestions on books/movies AND the emails with "good songs" ... I need some good songs right about now.

CNN.com